Time to do some quick planning for Monday if you are open for business
In anticipation of the coming holiday on Monday, you may have to juggle your schedule since public schools will be closed.
This means you may experience:
- Clients who want to bring their children to their appointment
- Clients who need to cancel since their young children will not be in school
- Staff members who may have to arrive late, leave early, book off, or bring their children to work
- Other disruptions to client appointments due to changes in services
B.C. Premier John Horgan stated that the province will be closing public schools, post-secondary institutions and most Crown corporations on Monday to honour Queen Elizabeth II.
“Our government will follow the lead of the federal government and join with other provinces in observing the national day of mourning to mark the Queen’s funeral,” he stated in a press release.
“We encourage private-sector employers to find a way to recognize or reflect on the day in a way that is appropriate for their employees.”
While the Association has no formal recommendations, we do suggest members:
- Work with clients to accommodate as best as possible while remaining fair to yourself
- Be reasonable with your team members so they may work with their school-age children
- Reach out to team members early to establish who may be challenged with child-care on that day
- Plan a call-out to clients for any changes, adjustments, or cancellations