Are you an experienced cosmetology professional looking to help others earn credentials? Are you passionate about elevating the industry through certifications?
Become an Association Examiner
We’re on the lookout for new examiners in the areas we provide Certificates of Qualification for. If you have significant working experience, carry the appropriate credentials of your own, and have a day to perform exams, we’d love to hear from you!
Examiners are responsible for overseeing our regularly scheduled exams, and are specifically needed to:
- Be available on the date of the exam, usually from 9 AM – 4 PM (approximate times)
- Travel to and from the exam location
- Oversee the check-in of all examinees and their models
- Problem-solve common issues such as late arrivals, forms incomplete, or missing items normally supplied by the examinee
- Perform a practical exam and assessment on up to 6 examinees at one time
- Oversee a theory exam for each examinee (up to two hours)
- Manage any translators in place for individual examinees
- Handle situations where examinees require special attention or accommodations
- Finalize assessment materials and ship to our office via supplied packages
Other skills and aspects of the role
- Examiners do not provide any teaching during the exam – the purpose is to test the ability of the examinee.
- Examinees can be anxious or need patience as English may be a second language. Examiners need to be able to work with examiness to accommodate any challenges in this regard and help them perform the exam in a focused, calm state.
- The Certificate of Qualification requires the utmost integrity. Examiners need to show extreme professionalism, provide an fair environment for all examinees, and report issues back to the Association.
- Examiners can be valuable advisors to the Association for updates and changes. If you are a constructive contributor and want to help us improve our exams to be up-to-date and comprehensive, it is considered a welcome asset.
Examiners are contracted by the Association on an exam-by-exam basis and considered independent contractors.