Members’ Code of Conduct
Members of the Association of Cosmetology Western Canada are expected to adhere to a code of conduct.
The Association serves as the beacon for industry excellence. Professionalism is the cornerstone of the association driven by member commitment to elevate standards of practice. Our members are distinguished by their adherence to the highest code of ethics in the cosmetology industry.
Cosmetology Professionals shall:
- Be guided by honesty, accountability, fairness, and integrity in all business transactions.
- Uphold established industry qualifications.
- Commit to ongoing professional development.
- Strive to enhance the public image of the cosmetology sector standards of practice.
- Always ensure the safety and well-being of their client.
- Only provide services they have been properly trained in and are proficient at and not utilize any technique/procedure for which adequate training has not been received.
- Ensure all usage instructions and guidelines provided by product and equipment manufacturers are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure all service provided follow the health & safety recommendations of the association and public authorities.
- Practice appropriate consultation procedures prior to service or treatment.
- Ensure clients are respected and the client best interests are served at all times.
- Ensure clients privacy and modesty is safeguarded and all client information is kept confidential.
- Ensure they are abreast of current industry knowledge and the latest techniques.
- Ensure clients are provided clear and realistic information regarding the goals and outcomes of service and or products and only accurate and truthful claims are made regarding the potential benefits of the techniques rendered or products recommended.
- Refrain from making statements on the efficacy of services that are not supported empirical data or by the generally accepted experience of the profession.
- Ensure client issues are handled in a fair and expeditious manner.
- Ensure work is to the highest standard of ethical and professional conduct.
- Develop and maintain environmentally, socially and economically sustainable business practices.