Certification and exams
Elevate your career today. Be a certified beauty professional with proven expertise.
You’ve completed your training, and it’s time to be recognized as the qualified beauty professional that you are.
Passing the BeautyCouncil Certificate of Qualification exam earns you the internationally recognized Certified Cosmetology Professional (CCP) designation. Demonstrate your expertise and the professional standard of your services to clients, employers and peers — and stand apart from the untrained workforce operating in our industry!
Questions? See the exam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below.
Step one – Choose an exam date
As the COVID situation continues, exams for the Certificate of Qualification are operating at reduced capacity. Due to this, we are booking exams further ahead than usual. Thank you for your patience. Follow the link below to access our calendar of exams.
If you do not see an exam listed and want more information, fill out this form
When new exams dates are posted, we will send you an email. This applies to both full exams and retakes of either practical or theory.
Step two – Prepare yourself for the exam
If you are planning to take any exam, there are a few steps to take for the smoothest experience. See our checklist below.
Before you register for the exam
Become a BeautyCouncil member and get a $100 discount on your exam
- Join BeautyCouncil as a member. You will not only realize the benefits of belonging to the association, but you will also save $100 (includes GST) on the exam itself. While this is not mandatory, we highly suggest it before you register for the exam.
Once you have registered for your exam
Download the Exam Requirements documentation and checklist
- Esthetics (PDF) – updated Aug. 16, 2021
- Hairstyling (PDF) – updated Feb. 10, 2021
- Barbering (PDF) – updated Sept. 28, 2021
- Waxing (PDF)
- Nails (PDF)
Have your documentation ready to send to us
- For education requirements, this can be a diploma, certificate, or other proof of education from Canada or any other country around the world.
- For experience requirements, this might include proof of hours worked from Canada or any other country around the world.
Study in advance
- Many people who take the exams study before the exam to have the best chance of getting their certificate on the first try. Either refer to your textbooks and notes from your education or purchase the recommended textbooks from Milady at this link.
Bring your documents to the exam
- For identification, one of these government issued documents: Driver’s License, Identity Card, Passport, or Birth Certificate.
- Any items listed in the “Exam Requirements” links above.