Nominations to the Board of Directors
Join us and make a difference for all beauty professionals
How to be nominated to the Board of Directors
Get your nominations in for the Board of Directors of the Cosmetology Association Western Canada
Each year, the Cosmetology Association Western Canada (CAWC) calls for nominations to its Board of Directors.
CAWC is seeking applicants based on the following criteria:
- Experienced in the field of Cosmetology and/or Barbering
- Bring a unique skill set, e.g. finance, PR, marketing, etc., or bring experience of particular value to the Board.
- May represent regional or gender balance
- May represent a strategic segment of our membership that is important to the association
- Have the ability to serve for a minimum of one, two-year term and a maximum of three, two-year terms
- Have demonstrated interest in the association by accomplishments such as volunteer committee work
- Experienced with board governance that defines the role of a Board as being focused on policy and establishing strategic direction
- Have demonstrated through industry or community involvement a history of good stewardship and governance
- Have the ability to take on some committee responsibilities
- Work well as part of a team, contribute reasoned opinion and accept and support decisions reached by the Board as a whole
- Experienced working with diverse membership and understand regional issues
- Able to commit the time and resources to serve on the Board and committees
As a board member, directors should expect the following:
- There are generally 10 meetings per year
- Time commitment would be 10 days plus preparation time
- Board members may be expected to serve on committees or task forces
- Board members may be expected to attend and/or help with events
How to Apply to the CAWC Board
If you are a BeautyCouncil/BCBA member and are interested in serving on CAWCs Board of Directors:
- Complete 200 – 250 word outline that provides the Nominating and Bylaw Committee with an overview of experience and qualifications in relation to the above criteria.
- Your CV or resume.
- Fill in the NOMINATION FORM with the required 2-member reference signatures seconding the nomination.
- Submit your bio and headshot for the candidate profiles
- Record a maximum 60 second video clip of yourself, sharing what your vision for CAWC is and why you would like to become a Member of the Board (phone videos are accepted—keep it simple). Please submit the video with your application.
You are able to submit the required forms in several ways:
- Print and fill in the Nomination Form (PDF) by hand and deliver in person or email with required documents to email@example.com
- The completed nomination form and required documents must be received before 5:00 PM PST on July 11, 2020 to the attention of:
- CAWC Nominating Committee,
#203-8047 199 St, Langley BC V2Y 0E2 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org