BeautySafe is an online certification program promoting protocols of infection control, safe cleaning, sterilization and chemical practices. This is a self-study program designed in response to the public's concern, relative to continually surfacing viral and bacterial strains and the Cosmetology Industry's ongoing need for information and awareness about the best practices and their legal responsibilities when providing personal services to protect themselves and their clients. BeautySafe not only incorporates standards recognized across Canada encouraging all Hairstylists, Barbers, Estheticians, Make-Up Artists, Nail Technicians, Cosmetic Tattoo Artists, MicroBlading Technicians, EyeLash Extension Technicians and Tattoo Artists to be certified and maintain these high standards to reduce the spread of bacterial infections and communicable diseases like HIV and Hepatitis B and C.
Who should take BeautySafe?
ALL Beauty Industry PROFESSIONALS!
As a Cosmetology Professional in one of the following trades, you can make a difference in shaping the future of the Beauty Industry.
- Apprentices & Students
- Cosmetic Tattoo Artists / MicroBlading Technicians
- Cosmetology Instructors & Educators
- Health Inspectors
- Make-Up Artists
- Nail Technicians
- Salon & Spa owners
- Salon & Spa employees
BeautySafe Certification Levels 1 and 2
1. Level 1, General Trades - Infection, Prevention and Control - Everyone in the Beauty Indusrty takes Level 1.
IMPORTANT: You Must have Level 1 before proceeding to Level 2.
2. Level 2, Specific to your area of Expertise
- Cosmetic Tattooing - includes Permanent Makeup, MicroBlading & Tattooing
- Nail Technology
- Ear Piercing
Cost to get BeautySafe Certified
- LEVEL 1 - $100.00 + GST = $105.00
- LEVEL 2 - $30.00 + GST = $31.50 - Per each level of Expertise
- You must receive the minimum passing grade of 70%.
Why should I take BeautySafe?
To be an industry leader! Working in a deregulated environment, you can raise industry standards by proactively updating and refreshing your knowledge on the protocols for infection control, cleaning and chemical practices.
What are the benefits of BeautySafe?
Once you successfully completed the BeautySafe Program, you will be provided with BeautySafe certification materials that you can proudly display for your clients to see:
- BeautySafe certification recognized nationwide
- Reduces health risks and infections for you and your client
- Protects your clients & your reputation
- Enhances client confidence
How long will I be BeautySafe certified once I have passed the assessment exam?
Once you have passed the assessment exam, your BeautySafe certification is valid for 3 years. Our BeautySafe certification period was put into place to ensure cosmetology professionals continually keep up-to-date on the protocols for infection control, cleaning and chemical practices.
BeautySafe is administered by BeautyCouncil, Canada’s leading beauty industry association and the voice of cosmetologists since 1929. This certification program was developed by BeautyCouncil in response to industry & public concern regarding adherence to the best practices for safety and infection control.
The BeautySafe Certification was developed with the assistance of Cosmetology & Health Professionals from across Canada, including:
- BC Centre of Disease Control
- Cosmetology Association of Nova Scotia
- Fraser Health
- Ministry of Health (PSE Guidelines)
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- WorkSafe BC